Thursday, May 28, 2009

It's lunchtime!
















Can you believe that I have started making lunches for my guys again?? I worked so hard to get them all to be independent and now I'm doing it for them. I must really love them, huh? Well, I know that they are all happy with what I am sending them off with in the mornings. Maybe it's because they aren't having to make them, or maybe they are enjoying a little healthier food. Whatever the cause it's a lot of fun.
I have been researching "bento" lunches, and while I am not making anyone here a traditional Japanese lunch I can make their lunches slightly decorative and put in some yummy foods for them.
I bought several different types of containers for them to carry their new lunches in. My favorite was one I found on the bay that is just like a lunchbox I took to school in 5th or 6th grade! I loved that lunchbox, and my mom told me last week that someone stole it and that's why we don't still have it! Can you believe that? I hope that person enjoyed taking their lunch in my lunchbox! Anyway, it's made by Tupperware and I couldn't resist. Mine from years ago was red, but this one is brown. I asked Mitch if he wanted to use it, and at first he said no. So, I didn't push the issue. Well, he found out what types of foods I had been putting in the other guys lunches and decided that he wanted one too. I have a feeling that he thought I was making a traditional bento for the other guys and he didn't want any of the rice and Japanese foods. He did let me know that one of his friends thought his lunchbox was "ghetto", but he told him that his lunchbox was awesome!
I did find out from Kurt that some of his friends think it's pretty cool that I'm making his lunch. The pictures show some of what I have been putting in their lunches. I know that Mitch's favorite part is the cheese!!
I don't think I actually got a picture yet of one of Brett's bentos, but these pictures are Mitch's on top, and two different bentos that Kurt has taken on different days. The two bottom containers have a removable ice pack that helps to keep all foods cold.
Top lunch: pudding, caprisun, smucker uncrustable, assorted cookies, cheese, apples, oranges, cantaloupe
Middle lunch: apples, oranges, cantaloupe, summer sausage, cheese, crackers, dove chocolates
Bottom lunch: cantaloupe, black grapes, oranges, apples, crackers, cheese, summer sausage.

3 comments:

Marcy said...

Yummy,Beto Lunches are so cool, I don't think i can make3 a lunch look as pretty as some of you can!

Jenn W. said...

You are such a good mom and wife! Those lunches look great!

Leslee said...

Yum. yum. Tina. Would you like to pack one for me too. I always took lunches through school and has continued into the work world. I always packed my girls lunches too.
Good stuff.

Leslee