Sunday, May 9, 2010

Uno de Mayo!
















Ok, so we fudged a little and did our cinco de mayo on the 1st. I wanted to make sure at least one of my daycare kiddos could enjoy the feast. Kurt even brought Kelsey over to partake in the event. I found out from Kurt, Kelsey, and Mitch that their favorite part of the day was getting to sample the dessert. I had made sopapilla cheesecake pie. It was soooo yummy. I think the only one not thrilled with it was the daycare child. Party pooper..............










I had started with our snack that day. I made churros(I still have burn marks on my fingers and forearms to prove I made them) and homemade lime soda. I am showing the pictures that Mitch took showing some of the foods we had that day. The pot on the stove is boiling our lime syrup for the soda. Can you tell we drank them in my special glasses?? I mean, come on, we worked so hard to get those glasses from McDonald's. Huh, we can't even remember the last time we ate there..... Delicious. The churros definitely tasted like funnel cakes to me, so that was a plus.










You can see a little bit of the sopapilla in the tangerine fiestaware 9x13 dish off to the side. We saved that for after dinner.

No comments: