Monday, February 16, 2009

Love card


I had some fun making this card! Man, do I love to use Glimmer Mists! I started with a base layer of white cardstock. First, I brayered on a layer of Stampin' Up! Sahara Sand classic ink. Then I brayered on Bolivian Blue glimmer mist, and heat dryed. Next, I brayered on a layer of Frosty Nights glimmer mist, and heat dryed. Are you seeing a pattern here? Then, I brayered on a layer of Daffodil glimmer mist and heat dryed. I was happy with the night sky effect this created. My next step was to stamp my trees. I used a background stamp from Viva Las Vegas Stamps that consists of huge branchy trees. I brayered (there's that fun technique again!) on a layer of Jet Black Stazon ink. I love the smell of Black stazon!! Nothing like it! None of the other colors smell so good. Aaahh, now my background layer is done. I can rest a bit. Ok, that's done. Now on to the couple. I love this stamp. You've probably noticed a lot on my blog. Ok, I again began with a piece of white cardstock that I spritzed with my own concoction of a light walnut stain mixture. Heat dry. Then spray Sandy Beach glimmer mist and heat dry. You could also brayer the glimmer mist on! The ribbon started as a white twill. I sprayed it with my walnut stain mixture then heat dryed. Then sprayed with Sandy Beach glimmer mist and heat dryed again. I love to use that heat dryer!! Add a small prima with a tiny brad and tada! It's done. I'm happy with the results! Hope you like it too.

No comments: